There are many good reasons to have a dehumidifier in your home. You can get a whole-house dehumidifier, or a portable one. Or, you can get a dehumidifier for each of the rooms where it is deemed necessary, plus the basement or crawlspace.
First, I want to explain about the two kinds of dehumidifiers that are on the market. There is the dehumidifier that is powered by electricity. Then, there is the non-electrical dehumidifier. One example of the non-electrical dehumidifier is DampRid. The DampRid dehumidifier is much more economical to operate. There are two important things the user has to do – empty the collected water frequently, and replace the crystals. The crystals need to be changed when they turn from blue to pink. Go to http://www.dehumidifierpro.net/, and find more information on this dehumidifier.
Another non-electric dehumidifier is Dri-Z-Air. This dehumidifier is manufactured in the USA, and is one of the lowest cost alternatives to a mechanical dehumidifying device. Its patented design makes it one of the easiest and cost effective devices to use for moisture removal. Better yet, it actually removes moisture from the air and is easy to use. It works by itself and requires little maintenance or monitoring. If you are trying to dehumidify a 1,500 square-foot home, you will need a full-blown electric dehumidifier to do the job adequately.
Some reasons to have a dehumidifier in specific rooms in your home, basement, crawlspace, RV or boat are listed below:
- Musty odor in your basement, crawlspace or closet
- Mold or moisture condensation on basement walls and floors
- Mold and mildew in my bathroom
- College dorm rooms smell musty, with a lot of moisture in the air
- Boat carpet mildew and boat mold mildew problems
- Boat mildew for boats in storage
- Mold or mildew growing in your RV
- Musty smelling carpet
- Clothing has mildew on it
- A way to save money on energy bills
- Fewer insects
- Wood rot in your home
- Illnesses such as asthma, emphysema and other respiratory issues
As you can see, there are many reasons to have a dehumidifier in your home, basement, crawlspace, boat or RV. Another place may be in storage areas, where items are kept in boxes and trunks. Check them out today.